If you are planning on getting engaged for the holidays, here are some tips to help:
• Tradition still reigns with most proposers asking before proposing, so plan on asking the parents.
• If you want to capture the moment, pick an experienced photographer to document the proposal - a friend and a cell phone just won't produce the same result. If you plan on using a photographer, your best bet is to do the proposal outdoors. It's easier for the photographer to hide outside!
• A proposal in front of the entire family may or may not be exactly what your mate wants. A room filled with mom, dad, grandma, grandpa and all the aunts, uncles and cousins is not exactly an intimate setting, so make sure you know what she wants.
• Plan ahead, know your budget and know her ring size. There are many great engagement ring styles that we have in store, but there are also lots of options to customize. Assume that you will need at least four to six weeks' time for customization.
• Do your research: meet with one of our staff to discuss the 4c's. Learn about color, cut, clarity and carat and if you select the ring without your partner, make sure that you have a pretty good idea of what she likes.
An engagement at the holidays adds a beautiful memory to a lifetime of holiday experiences. Whether the engagement ring's wrapped in a huge box to throw her off, in a stocking or presented at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, it will be the highlight of an already special time of year.
If you're ready to start shopping now, join us for our Diamond Event on November 8th and 9th in our Winston-Salem store. Enjoy 3 years with no interest on your purchase and get special pricing on pearl and diamond earrings. You won't find a better time to buy diamonds than at this event!